In the world of grant applications, knowing what opportunities exist is half the battle. For the benefit of non-profit organizations and initiatives, the pages linked below list local grant opportunities, organized by the type of funder, with links to the funding organization, their priorities, and application requirements. I will keep this section up to date as much as possible, but if you’re planning to apply for any of these grants I recommend checking with the funders directly for the most up-to-date information and to confirm your proposal’s eligibility.
Common application for all three funders – due November 30
- United Way of Saskatoon and Area – Community Initiative Fund
- Saskatoon Urban Aboriginal Strategy – Community Investment Fund
- City of Saskatoon – Social Services Grant
- City of Saskatoon – Community Grant Program (January 15)
- City of Saskatoon – Environmental Grant Program (March 1)
- Saskatoon Community Foundation – Quality of Life Grants (February 1)
- Community Initiatives Fund – Community Grant Program (April 1 / October 1)
- Saskatoon Health Region – Community Grants Program (January 15 / May 15)
- EcoFriendly Sask – Action Grants (ongoing)
- Affinity Credit Union – Community Development
- Hitachi Power Systems Canada Ltd. – Community Action Grants
- PotashCorp – Community Investment
Disclaimer: I do not represent any of these groups and I provide this information for convenience only. Any errors are my own – if you’re a representative from one of these granting bodies and see a mistake, please contact me and I’ll correct it as soon as possible.