The signs of fall are clearly in evidence here in Saskatoon – leaves starting to turn, a chill in the air (though fortunately we missed the snow that hit our neighbours in southern Alberta!), and a calendar rapidly filling with events and grant application deadlines!
- Constructive Engagement (September 15)
- Social Enterprise (September 16)
- Introduction to Innoweave (September 18)
- Social Finance (September 24)
What counts as “political activities” for registered charities in Canada? Imagine Canada is offering a free webinar on this topic on September 23, including “practical steps … to reduce the possibility of a negative outcome in the event of an audit by CRA.”
Affinity Credit Union has launched a Social Enterprise Competition for non-profits based in Saskatoon, Warman, and Muenster: applications for Phase 1 are due October 6.
Saskatoon Community Foundation has several grants coming up soon:
- Verna and Lionel McGillivray Fund for Children in Saskatchewan (due October 15)
- North Prairie Capacity Building Grants (October 15)
- PotashCorp Partnership Grants (November 1)
Any other deadlines or interesting webinars on the horizon that I missed? Need some help with the evaluation component of an application? Drop me a line!